The Inspiration Lab advances K-12 Science, Technology, Engineering and Math education by providing quality, hands-on activities for students.
Students and educators within the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research’s (IALR) service region enjoy a high level of exposure to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education when they board the Inspiration Lab. The lab hosts students at IALR and travels around visiting schools, neighborhoods, organizations, community events and more.
From the moment the Inspiration Lab arrives, participants are able to immerse themselves in the STEM areas and are amazed and excited by the presentations and hands-on STEM educational activities. The Inspiration Lab is IALR’s means of delivering STEM education to Southern Virginia and beyond!
The Inspiration Lab offers:
- Wireless internet access
- Large assortments of hands-on learning supplies and equipment
- Robots, probes and other green technology
- MarkerBot, Flash Forge, and Stratasys 3-D Printers
- Surface Pro 4 Touchscreen Tablets with keyboards
- 60 inch HD touchscreen ceiling monitor